Monday, October 24, 2005

Something im glad to have done.

I started surfing lessons today at Bondi.

Something I have always wanted to do but never thought I could. So I decided to just go n do it and see how it goes. Not too badly, I stood up for a few secs then fell off.

I think I may make a better body surfer or even on a boogie board. Standing up is the bit I have difficulty with. But at least I gave it a try. I still remember how to get through the first set of waves without getting dragged back to shore, something my dad taught me when I was little. Its when I do things like this that I miss my Dad. He would take me to the beach when i was younger to play in the surf and on the wave ski (even though I was scared).

Im so glad I can swim and swim very well at that. Im more of an endurance swimmer than sprinting.

Maybe when I go home next time Dad n I can go surfing together or something.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 pm , Blogger Nyum said...

Cool!!

I'm not game enough to go surfing, I have been boogie boarding though. Believe it or not, those cheapo $30 things from Kmart aren't all that bad!!

(okay, so they don't really last too long, but you get your fun out of it!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home